Upcoming Speaking Engagements
As a public speaker for more than 20 years, I enjoy speaking with all types of groups, from large organizations to non-profits. That’s why I am excited to share with you my the 2012 Speaking Engagement lineup, where I’ll share knowledge, tips, and techniques about social media and digital marketing.
These events also help me stay on top of my game, teach me a few things, and let me meet new and great people like you.
If you would like me to speak at one of your upcoming events, simply complete the Contact Us form with a few details and I’ll get back to you.
- March 28: Westchester Community College Center for Digital Arts, Peekskill Extension. A three-hour workshop titled “Personal Branding for Artists, Designers, and Job Seekers”. Download the slide deck.
- March 21: Pace University. Guest lecturer for a one-hour presentation on search engine optimization for students. Download the slide deck.
- November 16: Bergen Community College Job Fair. A one-hour “Career Networking Using Social Media” presentation focusing on how job candidates can leverage the power of social media to inject their job search. Handouts: Career Networking Using Social Media [PDF slides] and Social Media Checklist for Job Seekers [PDF]
- October 5: NJ Governor’s Office on Volunteerism. This one-hour presentation on ”storytelling” from the corporate perspective, framed in terms of workplace volunteering, will identify ways in which companies may leverage the power of volunteering in their organizations. Several examples will be shared along with success metrics, and a high-level project plan. Materials: Building Support through Storytelling Deck_Sept12[PDF] Storytelling Checklist [PDF] 40 Hashtags for Social Good [PDF]
- September 19: SUNY Geneseo Comn 349 Advanced Issues in Personal and Professional Communication: Emerging Topics – Guest Lecturer. A three-hour session, coaching students on their semester-long personal branding project.
- September 12: Moore Stephens North America, Inc. A one-hour webinar, Social Media Recruiting for CPA Firms, for accounting recruiters, focuses on the use and benefits of social media when recruiting talent.
- May 3: New Jersey Association of Healthcare Volunteer Resource Professionals A one-hour presentation, Using Social Media to Promote and Recruit Volunteers, demonstrated how social media was a powerful medium for non-profit organizations to communicate with staff, members, communities, and leaders from across their city, county, state, and region. Download the slides here (4.6 mg PDF file): “Using Social Media to Promote and Recruit Volunteers”. Download the Workbook here (PDF): “Using Social Media to Promote and Recruit Volunteers Workbook”
- April 16: SUNY Geneseo Social Media Use in Public Relations. Two, one-hour sessions offered to students of the Public Relations courses. One session focused on the social media use in public relations and offered real-life examples of how a PR professionals leverage the power of social media to gain momentum in their efforts. The second presentation focused on case studies proven effective for PR professionals seeking to gain exposure to young people and adults.
- April 13: Canisius College The Role Social Media Communications Play in Your Organization. This two-hour session demonstrated how today’s social media platforms are becoming more and more ingrained in today’s corporate and non-profit culture.
- March 27: Bergen Community College Social Media for Your Business. Attendees learned about social media and how to leverage it in your business or organization.
- March 7: Pace University Tech Talk: Power of Social Media in Politics. Facilitator