When it comes to customer relationship management (CRM), you must have a strategy to support your efforts. Or, you’ll soon find that leads begin to dry up; clients stop calling; and you begin to wonder what happened to your customer relationships?
Below are twenty CRM tips to work into your overall business strategy, no matter what type of business you own.
20 CRM Tips for Small Business Owners
- Get sponsorship from leaders
- Build a team
- Define business objectives
- Identify the key customers – including life stages
- Identify customer segments
- Agree on desired customer behaviors
- Define customer experience goals
- Create an integrated customer strategy
- Define and map data requirements
- Standardize data by department
- Dialogue with customers (gasp! I know)
- Personalize triggered efforts
- Develop success metrics
- Create customer engagement programs (acquisition, growth, and retention)
- Collect data
- Keep it simple
- Communicate success
What questions do you have about implementing a CRM in your business?