As a real estate agent, you have to always be thinking of new ways to expand your marketing strategy. Some of you are on LinkedIn or Facebook. Others are using social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest to drive interest to their websites.
But, have you thought about an eNewsletter?
Email marketing is getting a big shot in the arm as far as reach these days due to the increase in mobile email activity. Creating and sharing an email newsletter with clients, potential clients, and your network could be the boost you need to get you that next listing or sale.
Here are five ways to consider increasing lead generation using an email newsletter.
- Expand your email list. By sending an email newsletter to your existing email database, you can increase leads via the email-forwarding feature your customers may use when sharing your newsletter. Be sure to include a call to action in the newsletter that encourages sign-ups.
- Provide tips for sellers and buyers. Rather than just focusing the newsletter on featured homes, consider adding tips for home sellers, such as how to de-clutter your home or staging tips. Buyers can use tips as well, such as what to look for during an inspection. These types of tips may be easily shared on social media platforms or emailed to others as well.
- Include photos of current trends, such as kitchens, baths, living rooms, etc. Many people who may not have sold a home before may not know what trends to prepare their home for.
- Highlight a single property with a link to your website listing. Consider adding a small amount of text to the listing and be sure to create an engaging call to action, such as “Click here to view this beautiful home.” Or, “This won’t last long, click to view more information.”
- Include social sharing buttons in the newsletter. This helps visitors to connect to you on your social platforms. Be sure to update those platforms on a regular basis so people see new content when they visit.
Email Service Providers
Both MailChimp and Constant Contact are great email service providers for sole proprietors and small business owners. They are inexpensive and have many great features. You don’t have to be a graphic designer to make the newsletter look good. Both platforms offer templates and have an easy-to-use set up.
Email Newsletter Tips
- If you have a LinkedIn account, you can download your connections. In most cases, you may then upload them into the email service provider solution of choice.
- Remember to follow CAN-SPAM regulations for all email communications.
- Be sure to use your company’s branded colors, logo, tag line, and contact information to help recipients know that it’s a legitimate newsletter.
- Determine how often you want to distribute the newsletter. Monthly is probably enough. More often than that may cause recipients to mark is as spam.
- 5 Social Media Marketing Tips for Real Estate Agents
- Social Media for Real Estate Agents (slides)
- Real Estate Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- How to use Instagram and Vine [videos] to make the most of your listing shine
- Email Marketing Cheat Sheet
What tips would you include in a newsletter for home buyers and sellers?
Penheel Marketing creates eNewsletter templates and aids small business owners in setting up email service provider solutions. Contact us if you’d like help getting started with a Real Estate eNewsletter for your company.