If you share or want to share content on your company’s social media profiles, here are 10 tips to help you succeed today.
- Use strong headlines or captions to get reader’s attention.
- Copy that is clear / emotionally evocative.
- When sharing on multiple platforms, optimize how you will present it, i.e., all platforms do not use the same format.
- Mix media in posts to increase appeal, e.g., video, images, carousel photos, text, graphics, etc.
- Mix content types, e.g., polls, questions, user-generated content.
- End with a clear call to action, e.g., comment, share, like, post a photo, etc.
- Posting times vary by social media platform.
- Keep self-promotional content at about 1/3 of all content.
- Encourage employees to share company posts in their profiles.
- Use a scheduling tool to preschedule or auto-schedule content.
Headline Writing Tips
- Use five to nine words
- Include action words
- Place your keyword/keyword phrase toward the beginning
- Use simple words
- Use a headline generator tool
Optimizing by Platform
- Avoid using the full character limit per post by platform to allow others to add content when sharing.
- In longer posts, use paragraph breaks or bullets (great for LinkedIn and Facebook)
- Use the right image size for each platform
- Use a link shortener to maximize character usage
- Keep hashtags to a minimum and focus on the main topic
- Research hashtags before use