In case you’ve been living under a rock for the past decade, social media is not a new marketing tactic. It has proven to be effective for B2B brands. There are hundreds of B2B case studies that prove the effectiveness of well-executed social media marketing strategies and their return on investment.
But, if you’re getting started, why should your B2B consider a social media effort?
Below is my top-ten list for why you should include it. Download/view it as a graphic too.
- 84 percent of C-level and VP-level buyers are influenced by social media when purchasing.
- It’s the most popular B2B marketing tactic, with 83 percent of marketers using it.
- Social media platforms allow your business to establish a dialogue with current and potential clients.
- Social media marketing is cost-effective and aids in marketing cost reduction.
- 58 percent of marketers using social media saw an increase in lead generation.
- Social media is the top source of website referral traffic, accounting for 34 percent of total referral traffic.
- Utilizing social media platforms to raise exposure and to establish industry trust will guide the right customers to your website.
- 75 percent of B2B buyers use social media to support their purchase decision.
- 62 percent of B2B buyers say they can make a purchase selection based solely on digital content.
- 55 percent of B2B buyers say they search for product/vendor information on social media.
If those aren’t good enough reasons to begin a social media effort, here are some other considerations.
- 65% of salespeople who use social selling fill their pipeline, compared to 47% of reps who do not. [Hubspot]
- 4/10 reps have recently closed two to five deals due to social media. [Hubspot]
- B2B buyers love to do research before they buy. 55% of say they look for information on social media. [Articulate Marketing]
- Content marketing generates 3X as many leads for 62% less money than traditional marketing. [Televerde]
You could be missing a huge opportunity if you aren’t leveraging social media to help increase brand awareness, search ranking, or leads.
- How To Craft a Profitable LinkedIn InMail Message
- How to Post Content on Your Facebook Company Page
- What’s the easiest way for a small business to manage social media?
- Social Media Cover Photos That Generate Leads
List Sources: https://svmsolutions.com/blog/6-key-benefits-successful-b2b-social-media-marketing-initiatives/, https://www.bluecorona.com/blog/b2b-marketing-statistics/, https://www.articulatemarketing.com/blog/b2b-social-media-statistics, http://www.i-midastouch.com/blog/10-mind-blowing-b2b-social-media-stats-and-what-those-mean-for-b2b-companies/