If your firm is focused on targeting business owners in the biotech, energy, chemical, or construction industries, Facebook might be your best social media platform. But what do you need to do to reach these target markets?
Here are five hacks you can use to grow your Facebook audience and business.
- Ad targeting. When you share posts from your company page, dissect the target markets using at least two elements, such as geographic region, e.g., zip code or city, and age. Then add an interest term the would use. Example, Residential construction company owners, age 40 – 55 with an interest term like OSHA.
- Create short, exciting video posts. There are a lot of tools you can use today to create short, 15- to 30-second videos, including your phone. Share video clips 2-3 times per months with how-to tips, events, a series of inspirational quotes, or information your audience will enjoy and share.
- Custom audiences allow you to share your content with people you are already in contact with either through email or website visits. You can upload a custom list or choose “everyone who visited [my website]” in the audience description field when building your campaign.
- Humanize your brand by sharing photos of your staff at a company or charity event. Share photos that have a more genuine feel and invoke a sense of the firm’s culture.
- Only boost your best content. It doesn’t take a lot of money to boost a post (less than $10 per day). But, only boost your best content to your target markets to help increase engagement.
Now that you have five Facebook hacks, how will you use them at your firm?