We all know that being found on search engines is a great way to increase leads. However, do you know how to do it?
Here are five SEO secrets you should know to help your company’s website rank on search engines.
- Site Submit. If your company’s website hasn’t been submitted to a search engine, you can do this for free on Google, Bing, and Yahoo!. By doing this, the website is then queued to be crawled by the search engine and all it’s contents indexed.
- Keep it fresh. Current and updated content makes search engines happy. Keep that running news feed and update your blog at least once a month.
- Let the long tail wag the search. Use long-tail search terms, such as “San Francisco French Bakery,” versus something generic like “San Francisco Bakery”.
- The devil’s in the details. Meta descriptions for pages and blog posts are key when defining search results. Be sure your website pages and blog posts are using them.
- Keep the user in mind. Developing content for the user rather than the search engine is important. Write the content using words like “we,” “us,” and “you.” An optimized user experience is very influential when it comes to search results.
What questions do you have about SEO?