- Integrating marketing with sales will be important in 2017. As accounting and small business marketers have found one with out the other causes a lot of extra work and miscommunication. Including the sales team in marketing efforts helps to increase sales collaboration and reinforce the firm’s message.
- Creating smartphone-ready content will also be a huge push for CPA firms and small business owners in 2017. What kind of content is smartphone-ready? Think weekly tax tips, monthly reminder, breaking news, hot industry tips, 1-2-3 tips done in podcast format by a variety of staff, etc. Polls are also great way to encourage engagement on smartphones, whether it’s with image captions, trivia, or pick an answer. All these tips can be audio recorded, video taped, emailed, put into checklists, etc. Visuals are great for mobile platforms, so leverage them as much as possible.
- Automating marketing efforts to increase the speed with which the client moves down the marketing funnel to a sale (and retention) are key for 2017. How do you do it? Leverage email tools that offer predictive analytics and automation to provide you with re-marketing and drip-campaign opportunities. Both these efforts can help to bring in new clients based on your firm’s current and future goals.
- Mainstreaming your social media platforms and efforts will help you to focus on the firm’s goals as well boost your engagement where it matters most…with your followers. Gone are the days of having high numbers of followers with low amounts of engagement. Think more about the people you want to attract and creating your social media content for them on their platforms for choice, versus several platforms that have a low ROI.
- Distributing live video will become an even bigger marketing tool in 2017 for CPA firms, especially for recruiting efforts. Consider your firm’s personality and demonstrate it on screen. Do you have corporate events; does your staff attend conferences as a group; are volunteer days for staff provided? All of those efforts are video worthy. Providing a glimpse into your firm’s culture will be key to attracting the new staff of your future.
With 2017 just around the corner, which of these marketing efforts will you be leveraging?