For those who may not use SlideShare, you are missing a great opportunity share your content socially, while increasing search engine optimization (SEO) and online visibility. Further, the ShareShare audience is highly professional, ComScore feels even more so than LinkedIn.
You can tag content, which we all know helps with SEO and helps to increase personal or brand influence. Remember, however, even though you have up to 20 tags or keyword options, it doesn’t mean you need to use them all. Keep things focused and targeted toward your marketing and engagement goals.
Brandon Gaille shared these 2013 SlideShare statistics that are rather mind blowing:
- SlideShare is the world’s largest professional content sharing community.
- It’s one of the top 150 sites on the web.
- It has over 60 million visitors per month and 3 billion slide views per month.
- The audience comes from organic search, social networks, and other SlideShare content.
- Even though HubSpot’s Dan Zarrella said, “Presentations with 60+ slides generate the most views.” The data shows that fewer slides (average 19) gain nearly 45 percent of the views.
- Post everything. Slide decks, video, white papers, ebooks, and even sales collateral.
- Consider using LeadShare to create customized request forms for each piece of content you post – or for those high-visibility items, such as whitepapers, that are great for lead generation. With this tool, you can designate “offers” for all content or customize for various content. The unlimited leads option is available for ~ $250/month.
- Join the conversation when people comment on our content; it’s a social network after all.
- Contribute regularly. Content is what people go to SlideShare for; so, consider weekly/monthly posts.
- Include tags on each post. You can add up to 20 tags. Try to keep them focused on keywords.
- Review the analytics for your account, especially the social sharing analytics to determine how people are sharing the content. **This is a paid account feature.**
- Outpost & Anchor. Direct qualified traffic back to your anchor (website, knowledge center or landing page) with hyperlinks and clear calls to action in your content, profile, and comments. Do this using a graphical cover photo or ending slide.
Once you have a SlideShare account set up and have loaded your awesome content, remember to share it on the social networks your audience frequents.
- 10 Best Practices for LeadShare, by SlideShare Co-Founder Amit Ranjan
- SlideShare 101 “Why you should use it.”from SlideShare
Tell us why you think SlideShare is effective for your business and personal branding.