As one year ends and another begins, I’ve been thinking about what’s next in social media. Based on what I’ve been reading and things my client have been asking me for, I’ve put together this short list.
Let me know if you need help with your social media efforts in 2021.
- AI Marketing and Conversion
- Voice Search Will Soar
- Social Media Influencers will become less important
- Chatbots will become mandatory to succeed online
- Niche social media platforms will gain significant traction
- Local targeting and customization will lead the way
- User-generated content will replace brand content
- More global and local regulation will impact internet giants
- Old-school marketing (podcast, newsletter) will boom – but not as you have known it before.
Tip – If you’re uploading a graphics, e.g., infographic, put the search intent term in the image file name and add it to the alt tag.
What else are social media practitioners talking about for 2021? Here are some articles you might like.
- Social Media Today: 5 Predictions for Social Media Marketing in 2021
- Smart Insights: Social media trends 2021: Optimize your digital marketing strategy for social success
- Hootsuite: 2021 Social Trends Will Light the Way
- Social Media Examiner: Social Media Marketing Trends for 2021: Predictions From the Pros