If your social media schedule is looking a little dull, just think how your followers feel?
Consider injecting trivia questions and quizzes into your monthly schedule to help increase engagement and reignite your connection to fans.
- Think about topics that resonate with your followers. You should know them pretty well by now. If not, check your analytics to see who is visiting your social media page.
- Define your strategy. How often will you post trivia questions and quizzes per month? Who will monitor the responses (so important!)? How and who will respond? How will you drive traffic back to your website? What is the call to action?
- Find a source for random, fun trivia facts. They don’t have to be financial related. Consider interesting trivia about client’s industries or current events.
- If a holiday is approaching, ask quiz questions about that holiday, e.g., The first St. Patrick’s Day parade was where? Dublin, Cork, Boston, Philly? (Answer: Boston in 1737.) Tip: This is a great post for Boston-based companies.
Before posting trivia or quizzes, ask yourself these questions:
- Is the post sharable?
- Is the post short?
- Do I have a photo to accompany the post?
- Is there a call to action?
- Is it conversational?
- Is it relevant to my page, customers, and followers?
Now that you’re ready to leverage trivia and quizzes in your social media posts, what will be your first topic?
Disclaimer: This post originally appeared in the CPA Client Bulletin Resource Guide, © 2016, AICPA. Reprinted by permission.