Try LinkedIn Combos for B2B Leads
You know you want to find new B2B leads, but have found your LinkedIn efforts are getting a little stale. Have you tried combos yet?
Combos are a way to target your B2B market using two or more advertising elements to find the marketing sweet spot.
- Think of your audience and variables that you know about them.
- Create a variety of combinations using only two of those variables.
- Post content you know this audience will consume, such as a blog post, video, images, or infographic.
- On your company page, use the advertising option – sponsored content.
- Choose “Send people to your website or content”.
- Pick three to five pieces of your website content from your posts.
- Choose the geographic region for your audience –avoid being too broad, e.g., consider a city or two.
- Pick a combination of two targeting criteria that define your audience. Keep the audience relatively small, between 10,000 and 50,000 people.
- Define the budget.
- Farming, Transportation, Manufacturing;
- business owners, partners, managing partners;
- attended Perdue, Ball State, Butler, or Indiana University Bloomington;
- gender male and female;
- groups manufacturing & industrial, aerospace manufacturing, farming, and Indiana construction connection network
- years of experience: more than 15
- Firm: Accounting firm that specialize in services for the transportation, farming, and manufacturing markets within the Indianapolis area.
- Sponsored Content: Blog post about artificial intelligence in transportation; video for an upcoming event for farmers; and cost efficiencies in the manufacturing industry. Tip: Choose one industry segment and content to share for just that segment.
- Combination: women & farming, manufacturing and the aerospace manufacturing group; or construction owners who attended Butler university. Pick just two things from the variables list to start.
The more singularly you target the market, the more likely you will reach your specific audience. The budget doesn’t need to be large to draw in your audience. Spend just $5 per day for a period of 5 days and you’ve spent $25. You’re billed only when you get clicks.
“Combos of two LinkedIn targeting criteria are also better placed to deliver a higher Return on Investment (ROI) for your LinkedIn campaign,” wrote Jane Fleming, Digital Marcoms Manager at LinkedIn. “When you give your campaign the scope to target more relevant prospects, there’s more opportunity for it to do so cost-efficiently.”
Keep mixing and matching the combinations until you strike gold. For more on LinkedIn combos, read this story.
Are you ready?
Are you ready to take your LinkedIn marketing seriously? We can help. We specialize in social media and digital marketing for CPAs and small business owners. Give us a call for a free 15-minute consultation.