If you’re like me, you’ve dealt with Facebook’s 20% text rule, unapproved ads, and other frustrations. I’m here to tell you, there is some light at the end of this frustrating tunnel. **Update – Facebook Is Removing Its Restrictions on Text Content in Facebook Ad Images, according to Social Media Today.
Overcome the 20% text rule.
Here are four techniques you can try to bypass this challenge, including using the:
- Ad review Grid Tool (fb.me/20) to test your text placement.
- Carousel image option where each image has little text on it. When viewed together, the images tell a compelling story.
- Video ad option for an animated Gif or video file.
- Fonts that take less space, but allow for more copy, such as narrow, condensed, or sans serif fonts.
Secret Tip: Flip the font on its axis (making it vertical versus horizontal), like this example.
Power of Images
Rather than using a stock image, or a still image of your product, use an image showing the product in action (like this example).
For example, if you sell hair products, rather than simply showing the bottle, show the bottle pouring out the product.
Another, slightly sneaky, trick is to create the image with text, then reduce the image size. Put the resized image on a solid background that is sized correctly (like this example). Put the new image into the Grid Tool (fb.me/20) to make sure you’re still passing the 20% text rule.
Finally, consider making 20% of your image a solid color (see this example). Then place the text within that color. That way you’ll know you’ve met the 20% rule.
Work with a graphic designer with experience creating Facebook ads and ask that person to create a template you can use to help beat the dreaded rejection notice.
Looking for Inspiration
Here are some resources demonstrating the best Facebook ad examples brands have used.
- Facebook’s Ad Library (you can look up all kinds of ads for inspiration)
- 9 Facebook Ad Best Practices
- 16 Best Facebook Ad Examples (updated 2020)
- 35 Facebook Ad Examples You’ll Want To Steal in 2020
- 75 Beautiful Facebook Ad Examples in 2020
- How to Post Content on Your Facebook Company Page
- Take Your Facebook Ads from Stagnate to Stardom
- How to Write Compelling Facebook Ad Copy
Need help with your Facebook ads, we’re here. Contact us for assistance.