Have you ever had trouble adding a new admin to your company page?
You’ve tried everything — asking the person to “like” the page; searching for their name in a list of those who liked the page; and even going so far as asking them for their email address. All to no avail.
I recently came across a couple of suggestions from NewWhy the blew my mind.
First, make sure the person you want to add does “like” the company page where he/she is to be an admin.
New Admin’s Check This
If the person you’re trying to add does not show up in the admin list, then ask them to do the following.
- Check their account Privacy settings (https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=privacy)
- Under “Your Activity,” select “Public” for “Who can see the people, Pages, and lists you follow?”**
- Then they should check “How People Find and Contact You” go to “Who can look you up using the email address you provided?” and select “Public.”**
Existing Admins Check This
For the person who is already an admin and trying to add the new admin, complete these steps.
- Login to your Facebook page
- Go to the settings from the left sidebar
- Scroll down to “Page Roles” on the left sidebar, and click.
- On the right, where it says “Assign a New Page Role” enter the name or email address of the person you want to add.
- Change Editor to Admin. Click Add.
If these steps didn’t work, consider adding the new admin through the Business Manager.
** Once access is granted, the new admin should change the setting back to what they had previously.