If your staff perform tax-related services, you are hitting your busiest time of the year. Your head is down. Your brain is focused on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. The phone is ringing off the hook with questions from clients like, “Can I still claim this?” And, “Can I use cryptocurrency as a reliable retirement income option?”
Take a breath. This post is to help you create filler content for your social media feeds that you can use throughout busy season.
Think about leadership quotes, humor, and holidays/events for your social media feeds, especially those that can be easily coordinated with an image. Here are some suggestions to help get you started.
- “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”—Colin Powell
- “To love what you do and feel like it matters, how could anything be more fun?” — Katherine Graham
- “Careers are a jungle gym, not a ladder.” — Sheryl Sandberg
- “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one who gets the people to do the greatest things.” — Ronald Reagan
- “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” — Rosalynn Carter
- “A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.” — Max Lucado
If your firm is looking to increase its “human” factor by presenting your firm’s personality, humor can help. Adding cartoons, quotes, and fun saying about the industry can help to break the barrier between the serious nature of your business and the personalities of the humans who do that business. Here are some suggestions.
- Be audit you can be.
- I suffer from depreciation.
- “According to GAAP” is not a fashion endorsement.
- Deadlines in schedule are closer than they appear.
- I’m an accountant. What’s your super power?
- It’s accrual world.
- “Never call an accountant a credit to his profession; a good accountant is a debit to his profession.” Charles Lyell
- The department where everybody counts.
- Welcome to the accounting department, where all the mess is sorted out.
Daily/Weekly/Monthly Holidays and Events
The National Day Calendar is a great tool to help you find trending days by week, topic, or month. It’s another fun way to demonstrate your firm’s personality while keeping one thumb on trends. Here are some examples.
- February 9, is National Bagel Day. You could provide bagels to staff, take a photo and share on your social platforms with a comment, “It’s National Bagel Day and we need the carbs during tax season. What’s your favorite bagel flavor?” Remember to use hashtags too #NationalBagelDay #AccountingFun.
- March 2, is National Dress in Blue Day to help create awareness for the causes of colon cancer. Share photos on your social platforms of your firm’s staff supporting the cause. Remember the official hashtag #DressInBlueDay. You might consider adding a link to SupportCCAlliance.org as well.
- April 12, is National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day. Prior to posting your social media, do a quick around-the-office video asking people, “If you could make any kind of grilled cheese sandwich, what would it have on it?” Then share the video and the #GrilledCheeseSandwichDay hashtag in your post. Or create an image and share it.
- April 16, is National Bean Counter Day, which was started by Kevin Wenig, a CPA from Trumbull, Connecticut. Share that with people along with the official hashtag #NationalBeanCounterDay and an image of a tired accountant.
Now that you have the ideas, use a simple, image-creation tool, like Canva to design the images.
Here’s an example.
Then, share them using a social media scheduling tool. Facebook has its own within the platform. If you are using other platforms, consider a scheduling tool like Hootsuite, TweetDeck, SpoutSocial, and more.
As with any filler, you don’t want to overdo it on your social media platforms, or users may stop engaging. To add some flavor to your content stream, sprinkle the topics in throughout the month. Your marketing team can evaluate how well the filler performed. If well, add some more throughout the year.
What will you fill your content streams with over the next few months?
We write content for a lot of companies and professionals services resources and would love to help you create some interesting filler content. Give us a call and let’s talk about your needs.