If you’ve been using Facebook organically over the past few years, you’ve more than likely experienced a steep decline in engagement and lead generation. To remedy that, maybe you invested money in boosted posts, Facebook ads, and the Messenger app. But, have you seen the needle move? Probably not much.
Here are five Facebook ad tips that might just take you from stagnate to stardom on this quirky platform.
- Stop manually adjusting your ads to reach success. Rather, use the Power 5 tactics Facebook recently rolled out to maximize your ad’s effectiveness. The best part about this ad update is Facebook’s ad algorithm tests which ads are working best and adjusts the budget to focus on those. Also, you no longer have to choose one placement option, e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, etc., to run ads. You can choose them all and the algorithm will adjust as needed.
- Use Sponsored messages, Click-to-Messenger, or Messenger ads that open within Facebook rather than sending lead-gen hopefuls to your website.
- Sponsored Messages: Send a message directly to anyone you’ve had a conversation with on your brand page message app. This works well when you want to alert great customers to a new product, service, or limited-time offer.
- Click-to-Messenger: These ads show up in the news feed (or on Instagram), but the call-to-action button reads “send message” and opens a chat on your company’s Messenger once clicked.
- Messenger Ad: You can also place an ad directly on the Messenger home screen. There are some ad spec sizes to adhere to though. Once the ad starts running, it will say “Sponsored” in the Messenger feed.
- Dynamic creative is a great way to use multiple images, headlines, and link descriptions to drive action. This Power 5 addition allows for up to 10 images, 5 headlines, and 5 link descriptions for each ad. The algorithm mixes and matches them until it lands on the most effective ad combination needed to reach your goal.
- Spy on your competition by searching through the new Facebook Ad Library at https://www.facebook.com/ads/library. You can search for ads by page name, e.g., your competition’s page, and see its impressions, the ads themselves, and how much was spent. You can also view ads by country and see if it’s a dynamic ad or has multiple versions. Note: You can get locked out for doing too many searches. So, be strategic in your efforts.
- Optimize your budget while the machine does all the work. If you’ve ever manually adjusted ad bids, you know what a pain it can be. Facebook’s Power 5 automatically adjusts your ad budget to help you reach your campaign goal while improving costs and time efficiency. When you create the campaign, choose the option to optimize your campaign bidding strategy.
Facebook has been trying to increase its ad efficiency and costs. But, unless you read about the changes they are making, you may continue to create ads status quo. With these five options, you may just see that needle finally move toward your goals.
Need help with Facebook ads? Give us a call. We specialize in social media advertising for small business owners and CPAs.