Recognized quarterly, each third Thursday (January, April, July, October), there is a Get To Know Your Customers day.
This year, it’s January 16, April 16, July 16, and October 15, 2020. It is a day that reminds business owners to reach out to their clients to gain a better understanding of what they need to grow.
Here are 10 ways you can engage customers while subtly getting to know what they need.
- Conduct a one- to three-question survey via email, social media poll, or online form.
- Distribute a VIP video or photo about a new product or service with contact information to learn more.
- Promote a coupon for one product to see how well it sells compared to when there is no sale.
- Create a fun, interactive Facebook posts, like you’re stuck on a dessert island, what three items do you bring? If you sell any of the items listed, follow-up with a promotion.
- Offer a discount for referrals.
- Develop a social media hashtag for clients to use to share a photo related to your business, e.g., favorite mowing hat, or best camping hack, etc.
- Highlight a customer’s success story (with their permission).
- Ask multiple-choice or open-ended questions about how to improve your service or product.
- Dig into your data to know who’s visiting; what they are buying/looking at; where they come from, etc. Then, build your next promotional campaign based on your findings.
- Host an event with a fun, networking game incorporated, like a scavenger hunt, Bingo, or quick-fire questions.
Download this infographic to keep handy for the next quarterly “Get To Know Your Customer” day.
Bonus – 5 Interactive Facebook Post to Engage Customers
- What food reminds you of your childhood?
- If you could have any car in the world, what would it be?
- Would you rather go…(a) camping (b) shopping (c) boating or (d) dancing?
- If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you choose?
- What is the most important lesson your grandparents taught you?
What will you do to connect with customers each quarter?