For solopreneurs and small business owners, here are 22 simple tips to help get your social media and digital marketing off the ground in the new year.
Download the complimentary infographic for easy reference.
Simple Marketing Tips
- Update your website copyright.
- Trademark your business name and unique products if you haven’t already.
- Change your social media cover images (Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube) with a fresh, new idea.
- Create a content theme calendar to help you stay focused throughout the year.
- Research unique and interesting quotes, stats, and filler content to help fill your monthly content calendar.
- Videotape quick tips and behind-the-scenes activities for your brand. Share them on Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok.
- Leverage online headline generators to knock your email subject lines and blog titles out of the park.
- Consider AI tools to help you generate new blog content each month.
- Develop landing pages in MailChimp or Constant Contact for lead generation and expanding your email list.
- Run an email or ad campaign in the evening to see how it compares to daily open and engagement rates.
- Review your product or service pages. Do they have a clear call to action? If not, refresh them.
- Consider and budget for a website refresh. It’s not as hard as it sounds.
- Update your local business listing (Google and Bing) with new content, products, and links.
- Review your 2021 website analytics for content trends, keywords, and location. Then run a campaign focused on that research.
- Write a case study about a client’s purchase or experience with your brand. Post it on your website and share it on social media.
- Reconnect with email slackers every quarter.
- Prepare and launch holiday marketing campaigns throughout the year. Keep your ideas simple and easy to develop.
- Incorporate an office mascot into your campaigns and share their “adventures” on social media, e.g., Penheel’s Chief Furry Officer (CFO) Cooper.
- Record (video or audio-only) answers to common client questions. Then share answers on social media (Tip: It’s great for SEO!).
- Post polls on your social media account(s) to gain more insight into your followers’ pain points, likes, and trends.
- Try open-ended questions on social media for some fun and to find out more about your followers.
- Ask staff members why they love being part of your team. You can share responses as quotes, videos, or images.
Want more tips? Join our monthly newsletter list and get them for free!