How are you leveraging your network?
Below is a simple, five-step process to gaining leads using your free LinkedIn account. It’s takes some time, effort, and energy, but if you’re serious about gaining leads, this approach works.
- Connect with your connections. Go to your list of LinkedIn connections. Start alphabetically and pick at least 3 people you HAVEN’T spoken with yet.
- I’m embarrassed. Send them a brief email letting them know that you’re embarrassed that you’ve never reached out to get to know them better and you’d like to change that. Give them two scheduling options (like you would during a cold call) and that’s it.
- Show genuine interest. Avoid the sales pitch. Instead, show a genuine interest in getting to know the other person. Start with a common ice-breaker, like what’s your favorite tv show, or what’s your favorite work-from-home buy or tip?
- Be on the lookout. At the end of the call, ask them if there is anyone you should be on the lookout for, that they’d be interested in connecting with.
- Do you know? Ask them who they know who might be able to utilize your product or service.
That’s it! Short, sweet, and REALLY effective! Download the infographic (PDF or image) to keep handy…or share.