The other day I was presenting a webinar and one of the participants asked, “Do you have any tips on how to create great content?”
Of course, I said yes. It’s my bread and butter actually.
I’m sharing with you the tips I shared with them about how to create great content and the process I use to develop it.
Download this list for easy access whenever you need it.
- Answer a question or provide a solution to a pain point. If I don’t have a question from a client, I turn to AnswerthePublic.com for suggestions. That resource provides you with the top search questions people ask about a topic.
- Define what I’m creating. There are dozens of content pieces you can create from just one topic, e.g., blog, infographic, tip sheet, checklist, video, podcast, slide deck, whitepaper, ebook, etc.
- Research to provide stats, data, quotes, or other interesting tidbits about the topic.
- Edit. Refine.
- Identify a call to action – what do I want people to do with the content. Do I need a lead-generation form? Do I want them to share it? Do I want them to click on additional resources on my site? Do I want them to call me, buy something, use a coupon, etc.?
- Add a catchy title. That’s where title generators come in very handy.
Online Writing Tool Resources
- Hemmingway Editor
- One Look Reverse Dictionary (reduces repetition)
- Cliché finder
Visual Creation Tools
Free Video Creation Tools
- 18 Best Free Video Editing Software for Marketers
- InShot app [phone only]
- iMovie (Mac)
- QuickTime (great for screen shot actions)
Social Media Image Size Cheat Sheet 2020 (including ads)
- 7-Step Foolproof Content Development Strategy
- 7 Killer Social Media Calendar Tips to Boost Traffic
- 10 Easy Ways to Overcome Content Development Challenges
If you are having content-development challenges, begin by thinking about your customers’ needs. Then answer them.
We specialize in content development for small business owners and CPAs. Give us a call if you need help developing a content piece or strategy to draw in leads.