America’s Independence Day is right around the corner. If you haven’t begun preparing your social media posts and content for that day, here are some ideas to lighten the load.
- Encourage Activity: Get your team to sponsor or participate in a community parade or event. Take prep photos or video beforehand so you can share them on July 4th.
- Create Promotions: You can run a 4-3-2-1 count-down promotion leading up to July 4th. Highlight something patriotic that your customers will love. Boost the posts (advertising) in social media to reach more people.
- Poll Fans: Ask fans to choose from among popular July 4th activities, like boating, going to the beach, cookouts, fireworks, and more.
- Thank Our Military: Consider a “for our troops” letter-writing campaign. Share photos and video from the effort on social media. It will take a few weeks to coordinate and complete. So, start this one in early June.
- Highlight Staff: If you have staff members who were in the military or come from a military family, highlight them in the July newsletter. Ask them to share what they love most about America.
- Quote Someone: Parade.com offers 75 happy July 4th quotes you can use as inspiration for your holiday social media posts.
- Crazy Stats: Did you know 150 million hot dogs are consumed in American on July 4th? Now that’s crazy! Share something fun.
- Patriotic Swag Weekend: If your company colors are red, white, or blue ask fans to take July 4th-themed photos in your brand colors. Ask them to share photos and tag your brand’s social media account. Best dressed will win a big swag bag.
- Eat it up! If your brand is food or drink related, share a holiday-inspired recipe and encourage fans to share one of their own.
- Simple but Effective: A photo with a caption is a simple, yet effective way to create a post. Get five images for free below.
If you haven’t discovered Canva yet, now’s the time to pop on over. They have a lot of pre-made graphics you can use for the holiday. And, it’s free.
Research hashtags for use in your posts. This will help broaden your brand’s reach. Here are some of the most popular. Avoid using them all. Choose 3 for platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn, up to 10 for Instagram, and 3-5 for Twitter.
#4thofjuly #forthofjuly #july4thweekend #july4 #happyfourthofjuly #julyfourth #homeofthebrave #happyindependenceday #redwhiteblue #independanceday #letfreedomring #happybirthdayamerica #patriotism #thisisamerica #fourthofjulyweekend #freedomisntfree #fireworkshow #firecrackers #fireworksnight #landofthefree #proudtobeanamerican #godblesstheusa #godblessamerica
Free Image Download!
I’ve created five social media posts you can use. Download them for free! Right-click on the link to download the zip file. Unzip the file to discover the five posts to choose from. Then select the image and post/upload it on your social media platform of choice.
Want more tips like these?
Sign up for our monthly newsletter.