Here are 18 social media writing tips I share with my students each semester. They might come in handy for you as well.
- Be on and write for the right platform.
- Ask questions.
- Have a clear call to action.
- Diversify your content and your post writing style.
- Include relevant hashtags.
- Tag other people when you can.
- Evoke emotion.
- Use power words.
- Keep your brand “voice” in mind.
- Use a conversational tone.
- Avoid complex language.
- No sales-driven words, no pressure.
- Play with negative statements.
- Consider future tense.
- Don’t overuse emojis.
- Play with folksy language.
- Sidestep passive voice.
- Leverage a headline generator.
Want more tips like these? Join our monthly email newsletter list.
You might also like: