If your company’s social media engagement rates have changed dramatically in the past year, you are not alone.
According to the 2022 Social Media Industry Benchmark Report from RivalIQ, “brands are seeing less organic engagement on the biggest social platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.”
What does that mean for you?
Take time to consider your audience. On what platforms are they most active? What type of media are they consuming? Is your social media interesting to you?
If you don’t know the answers to those questions, it might be time to conduct a social media audit and revise your buyer personas. Both practices will help you determine what’s working and what’s not working about your social media efforts.
How to Up Your Game
There is a ton of competition on social media these days. If you haven’t upped your game in a year or two, your fans have noticed. According to Forbes, here are 15 things you can do to take your social media efforts to the next level.
- Engage more with other accounts in your niche.
- Identify (and post on) your target audience’s favorite platforms.
- Be in tune with your audience’s needs.
- Stop being too promotional with ads or not using ads enough.
- Put community before sales in your content strategy.
- Invite conversations rather than just pushing solutions. Tip: Open-ended questions and polls work great here.
- Offer value rather than chase trends.
- Stay on brand, but avoid perfection.
- Talk “with” your audience rather than “at” them.
- Embrace customer journey analytics and track them to see how people use your content and website.
- Engage with your employee base to help them expand your content reach.
- Avoid assuming your target audience wants certain types of content. Ask them what they’d like.
- Be social with active participation and genuine community engagement.
- Deter creating and sharing content that isn’t audience focused.
- Look at more than just the “like” metrics. Measure everything that contributes to your social media efforts and business goals.
Don’t throw in the towel just yet. There are many new opportunities on social media, such as video content creation. Now’s the time to up your social media game and remind followers why they loved your profile to start with.